Special Event Coordinator
Summer 2013 and Fall 2013
The Special Event Coordinator assists with the coordination of all ECC events. Interns at ECC are encouraged to take initiative on projects, allowing them to gain professional experience, exposure to the non-profit sector, and develop specialized skills. The Special Event Coordinator will develop expertise in project management and have the opportunity to network in Austin’s philanthropic, business and special event community.
- Assist with securing and booking event venues and vendors.
- Monitor adherence to event timelines and production schedules.
- Coordinate the creation of printed materials.
- Supervise event logistics, staff and/or volunteers.
- Assist with the recruitment of event sponsors.
- Coordinate with the Public Relations Manager to ensure event promotion.
- Serve as the point person for event vendors.
- Maintain event databases: inputting and confirming event registrations, registrant contact information and producing post-event data as needed.
- Passion for community service.
- Self-motivated and driven to excellence.
- Strong organizational, communication, and interpersonal skills.
- Detail oriented.
- Must be available at least 10 hours per week
- Attend Monthly Intern Meetings
- Attend all event planning meetings.
This is an unpaid internship. Some students may be eligible for academic credit upon successful completion of the internship. Please contact to your academic advisor to determine if you qualify.
To apply, please submit your resume, a brief letter of interest and class schedule to Chandra Simms at email@example.com